We participate with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Blue Care Network, Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Physician Care, NGS CoreSource, McLaren PPO, Cigna and Priority Health. For all other insurance, payment is due at the time of service. We are not accepting new patients with Medicaid at this time.
As a courtesy to our patients, our billing department will file a claim with your primary and secondary insurance carriers. You are expected to pay any co-pay, deductible, or non-covered charges at the time of service. Uninsured patients are expected to pay in full at the time of services as well.
For worker’s compensation cases, you need to provide us with all the necessary authorizations in writing to file your claims. You will be responsible for any services not covered.
Missed Appointment Policy
To continue to provide prompt, quality care, the following policy has been created for the patients of Little Traverse Primary Care:
- Unless there are extenuating circumstances, a 24-hour notice of cancellation is required for all scheduled appointments. Failure to give a 24-hour notice may result in a $118.00 fee for a standard office visit.
- Any “no show” appointment that was scheduled as an annual pap or physical will result in a fee of $172.00.
- A patient may be asked to reschedule their appointment if they are more than 5 minutes late for an appointment. A call to verify availability is appreciated.
- A first “no show” appointment will result in a letter and a copy of our missed appointment policy being sent to the patient.
- A second “no show” appointment will result in a letter being sent and a $118.00 charge being billed to the patient.
- A third “no show” appointment will result in a $118.00 charge and possible discharge from Little Traverse Primary Care.
- Addendum for Dr. Ellstein’s patients: Patients with two consecutive missed appointments or last-minute cancellations (less than 24 hour notice) will not be able to schedule another appointment until they contact Dr. Ellstein at her main office (231) 238-0356.
Missed appointment fees CANNOT be billed to an insurance company.
*Fees are subject to change without notification